Skip to main content

The wedding in the middle of the war


There are some places you just don't mess with. Since the dawn of time, that African nation has been sending would-be conquerors home in body bags. While the rest of Africa got carved up like a Christmas turkey by the rest of the world, Wakanda's cultural evolution has gone unchecked for centuries, unfettered by the yoke of colonization. The result: a high-tech, resource-rich, ecologically-sound paradise that makes the rest of the world seem primitive by comparison.

Ruling over all of this is the Black Panther.

The Black Panther is more than just the embodiment of a warrior cult that's served as Wakanda's religious, political and military head since it's inception. The Black Panther is the embodiment of the ideals of a people. Anyone who'd dare to make a move on Wakanda must go through him.

Now, the Panther is on the verge of fulfilling one of his duties as a king: taking a queen. He has announced his engagement to Storm of the X-Men -- a woman whom he shares much love and history. The happy couple prepares for their union, unaware that conflict abroad and dark intentions at home may overshadow their joyous occasion...
Let's not talk about the War for a second, ok? So who are the guests on the wedding of the century? I'm really not familiar about some of them but here they are anyway. I hope I get all their names right.

The Invited Superheroes(in order of appearance):
  • Luke Cage
  • Spider-Man
  • Susan Storm
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Thing
  • Oh no, where's Johnny? (He's still in the hospital you dummy)
  • Shadowcat
  • Cyclops
  • White Queen
  • Wolverine
  • Colossus
  • Cannibal (Psychic Parasite cooking something evil)
  • Goliath
  • Falcon
  • Professor X (and he can walk!)
  • Iron Man
  • Captain America
  • Doctor Strange
  • Blade (?)
  • The Watcher
  • Man-Ape
  • Dr. Doom (Well not physically)
  • I don't know the other's names. If you know the other ones, please leave a comment so I could add them to the list.
Other Guests:
  • Toure
  • Ananda
  • Isaiah Bradley - the editor of Truth: Red, White & Black
  • President Bush
  • Fidel Castro
  • Nelson Mandela
  • Oprah
  • Storm's family
  • Black Panther's uncle
I don't know all of their names. I think you better buy your own issue whether you like it or not because this one is an essential Civil War tie-in.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice site, will be back for sure

and thanks for the comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-Man almost died: Give Punisher your thanks

I was supposed to blog about Civil War #5 after I read it but I'm always too busy. Not now. It's Sunday and it's weekend. Just looking at the cover of Civil War #5 tells you the whole story of it. But let's get into details. And so Iron Man found out that Spider-Man was going against him. So they had a little fight. Iron Man tried to talk Spider-Man but I guess no one will believe Iron Man anymore. Spider-Man was questioning Iron Man why'd he put all the heroes who refuse to register in the negative zone. Spider-Man's point that putting these heroes who didn't violate any crime but only wears those tights for good intentions is very cruel. Spider-Man was against Iron Man's ideas and that, Iron Man didn't like it. Iron man said Spider-Man was a lunatic. Meanwhile, the Fantastic Four Siblings, The Human Torch and The Invisible Woman was being chased by S.H.I.E.L.D. units. They just realized that the registration act is wrong and they're on their wa

It wasn't David who killed Goliath. It was Thor.

So it is true that Thor has killed one of Captain America 's allies. Yes Thor just murdered one of his former ally. Read on and light your candles. I just recently bought a while ago the most awaited Civil War #4 . I read through the first five pages and I found myself very sad about the events. Iron Man was beating Captain America down to the ground making his jaw almost fall off. Thor was throwing his Mighty Hammer at every anti-registration act super hero he sees. If you could just see Thor's eyes, it's full of rage ready to take down every one who opposes him. It's just too bad that Goliath died trying to stop Thor. Yeah, it was Goliath who died. Why would Thor kill his former team mate? I have the answer so again, read on. The pro-registration Super Heroes were shocked at what Thor did. Nobody was supposed to die. But Thor didn't know that. It's because that Thor isn't the original Thor . The Thor that killed Goliath was a clone of the original

The Death of Captain America

It has been almost two months since I last bought a comic book, I don't know what happened but Captain America lies dead, having been assassinated on the steps of a federal courthouse. He was led to trial by violating the Superhuman registration act. I didn't know what happened to Civil War #7 coz I don't have my copy yet but I guess the anti-registration team lost. Yeah, thanks to Iron Man for cooking the whole thing up. I've read also in Marvel's Website that Spider-Man is back in his black costume. What else have I missed? Damn! I better go check out the comic store later.